LIU Post/Long Island Arts Alliance Scholar-Artist Scholarship
Entering full-time freshman who have been designated as "Long Island Arts Alliance Scholar-Artists" are eligible for consideration for a $40,000* scholarship to LIU Post, payable $10,000 annually for four years of full-time study. Scholarship is for undergraduate study only and is based on availability of funds. Students must be enrolled full-time and achieve a GPA of 3.0 or above each semester to maintain eligibility. Scholarship is for up to 8 consecutive terms of undergraduate study, for fall and spring semesters only at the LIU Post Campus.
- Interested applicants must provide LIU with an official LIAA document confirming receipt of the Scholar-Artist award.
- Students must apply to LIU and enroll directly from from high school and submit all supporting credentials for admission consideration to the LIU Post campus no later than March 1
- Students must have a minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 90 or above and meet all LIU Post admission requirements.
- Interested applicants for these scholarships will be reviewed by the LIAA (i.e., essay, performance recording or a portfolio of his/her work).
- Combination of LIU grants or scholarships, state grants or there tuition-based assistance cannot exceed total tuition costs.
- Notification of scholarship eligibility will be given on or about April 1
- The combined total of the LIU Post/LIAA Scholar-Artist Award and other scholarship will not exceed the full-time undergraduate flat rate of tuition less any funds received from New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and the Federal Pell Grant Program.
- University fees and course fees are not covered by this scholarship.
- The scholarship is available for up to 4 years of undergraduate study and is not applicable to graduate coursework.